AskPhilaSD‎ > ‎

How does a home-schooled child receive a high school diploma?

Although a school district does not issue a diploma to a student in home education, other diplomas are available:

  • A student may fulfill the necessary requirements of a home school organization to receive a home school diploma
  • A student may successfully complete the GED test and receive the Commonwealth Secondary Diploma
  • A student may successfully complete 1 year or 30 semester hours at an accredited post-secondary institution and submit that information to PDE and receive a Commonwealth Secondary Diploma.

For more information, call the Office of Counseling and Promotional Standards at 215-400-4810.