AskPhilaSD‎ > ‎

My child receives one of the services named as special education. Is this a related service?

Speech/language, deaf / hard of hearing and vision support can either be the student’s special education support in the general curriculum or the support can be the related service supporting the special education IEP.  The student must have a disability in the specified area(s) and be in need of specialized instruction to receive support in the specified area(s) in order to be successful in the curriculum.

For more information, call the Office of Specialized Instructional Services at 215-400-4170 or visit: