AskPhilaSD‎ > ‎

What are the home education requirements for students with disabilities?

The supervisor of a home education student who has been identified as needing special education services pursuant to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), must have a certified special education teacher or licensed clinical or certified school psychologist’s approval of the home education program. This requirement does not apply to students who have been identified as gifted or talented. (24 P.S. 13-1327(d).

For more information, call the Office of Counseling and Promotional Standards at 215-400-4810.