AskPhilaSD‎ > ‎

Can my home-schooled child participate in curricular or extra-curricular activities at the school district where we live?

The school district where you reside has the discretion to make school activities available to home-educated students. Many school districts have established a written policy on participation of home-schooled students in curricular programs, such as science classes, computer labs, and foreign language courses and extra-curricular activities such as sports, band and clubs. Please contact your local school district for this information. Please remember, however, that school districts are not required to allow home-educated students to participate in activities.

For more information, call the Office of Counseling and Promotional Standards at 215-400-4810.